- U.S. Pilates ™ LLC, offers The CLASSICAL PILATES TEACHER CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
- Based entirely on the original work of Joseph Pilates and Romana Kryzonwaska
- Exclusive Copyrighted Teacher Training Manual
- Mentorship and Training by Second Generation Teachers Brett Howard, David Freeman and Jenifer O'Mara, certified by Master Elder Romana Kryzanowaska
- An exceptionally high number of U.S.P.A. © and U.S. Pilates ™ instructors have achieved successful employment as Pilates Instructors
THE PILATES METHOD
Joseph H. Pilates, born in Germany in 1880, had a lifelong interest in body conditioning. He developed the Classical Pilates Method in the 1920's as an exercise system that creates flexibility and strength for the entire body. He believed that physical and mental health were completely dependent upon one and other.
While interned in England during World War I for his German citizenship, Joseph became a nurse. During this time, he designed exercise apparatus for immobilized patients by attaching springs to hospital beds. This system formed the foundation for his style of body conditioning and specialized exercise apparatus, which he brought to New York City when he opened the first Pilates Studio in 1926.
Programs are tapered uniquely to each individual and their needs through the watchful and experienced eye of Classically trained instructors.
Benefits of the Pilates Method
An Instructor of the Classical Methodolgy not only teaches exercise but TRANSFORMS the body in order to obtain a balance of Mind-Body-Spirit. Regardless of the current level of fitness - from sedentary office worker, to pregnant women to fitness enthusiast - the Classical Method can be the primary mode of body conditioning and injury prevention.
The Classical Methodolgy has proven effective with:
- Injury Prevention & Recovery
- Improved Alignment
- Enhanced Breathing & Circulation
- Increased Strength, Flexibility & Balance
- Improved Muscle Tone, Energy & Mental Concentration
What is the most impressive aspect of Classical Pilates USA is that it has been proven to work for over 90 years! The U.S. Pilates ™ Teacher Trainers have all been trained exclusively and extensively in the Classical Methodology without any deviation.
The U.S. Pilates ™ motto for our Classically Trained Instructors:
"Change Your Life and the Lives of Others"